The new season kicks off tomorrow, oh my goodness. It's been a long summer holiday, isn't it always, but it's that time of year again. That time when the missus gets to go visit her folks, the kids get banished from sight, and my right bicep starts working overtime. That's right, it works extra hard as I drag the extremely heavy pint of beery goodness from the table to my lips...hopefully I'll be catching the Arse live on TV somewhere, either at home or in a cosy pub, but the beer will be the one constant, wherever the game.

I'm optimistic that this season will be another entertaining one from Arsene and the boys, whatever the doubters might say. A nice Champs League run will do me nicely, a challenge for the FA Cup and a good shot at the title, and I think most will be happy. Obviously some will call for the head of Arsene if we go trophyless for a fourth season and some of our leading lights might get restless, but fuck it, the club is always bigger than the players. Losing players like Cesc will be a big big blow but just last season we were apparently doomed to mid-table mediocrity after Thierry left and look what a season we had.

I say bring it on baby, bring it on.

0 comments