seven sent

Posted by as | 5/12/2005 | , | 2 comments »

Pure class. Arsenal destroyed Everton last night 7-0, one of the most sublime performances I've witnessed. Just a shame it came in the last home match of the season, and not immediately after the loss to Manure in October. The match was enjoyed at R and S's place, who were doing a little BBQ-ing to celebrate the eve of Israel's Independence Day, and fortunately R didn't need much convincing to order the game on Pay For View. He's probably getting it in the neck as we speak but I owe him one.

The accompanying steak was a little pink, but this was a red and white performance to savour, for more reasons than one. I was impressed by everyone playing, it was just one of those nights when everything gelled. Great to see Thierry make it back as well, looks like he'll be back in time for Manure next Saturday. Not that they really missed him these last few games, eh?

As for Dennis, I really believe he deserves a new contract, especially after last night's performance, but I have a feeling Arsene isn't going to offer him one. Wouldn't he have just revealed his thoughts last night if they had been positive for Dennis? Surely if a contract was on the table he would have said something like (avec French professor-like accent): "You can see why I want Dennis to play on for another year..." Is it me, or did Dennis look a little sad at the final whistle, almost like he knew this was his final moment in an Arsenal shirt? Perhaps he's already aware of the decision? The fans were shouting "One more year" but is it going to happen?

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // 2:53 PM  

    Fnatastic match, I have watch in live pay-tv italian, I am very happy.

  2. Anonymous // 3:15 PM  

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
    »