no more red and white

Posted by as | 5/11/2005 | , | 1 comments »

Sad times...

Tonight sees the last ever League game at Highbury with the lads adorned in the famous red and white. Historic moment. Next season, the last at Highbury, sees this new shirt, which I've mentioned before. Might just have to pay my respects and order the match on the ol' Pay For View.

And continuing in the paying respects department, Israel is in mourning mode at the moment with the sirens wailing some minutes ago to bring the country to a respectful standstill. Today it's Memorial Day for the soldiers that have fallen in Israel's short history. Then tomorrow, in a total reversal, it's time to celebrate Israel's Independence Day, a national holiday. I've already been threatened with some spray snow (you know, that stuff that streaks out in strings of foam) by one of my English students, so I'm going to get the hosepipe out and batten down the hatches. I'm barricading myself in and no fucker is going to get past the front door...the dog hasn't been fed for 3 days and is the first line of defence...