Sword has been sheathed. Liverpool actually made it through to the semi-finals of the Champions League, after quite a solid defensive performance. But then, if Juventus had turned up for the game, it might have been a different story. Just makes you wonder what might have been with Arsenal, because they are undoubtedly the better side, no contest. I guess this is what mere mortals feel like...the bitter pang of jealousy never mixes well with humility.

Anyway, that means an all English semi-final of Chelski and the 'Pool. So a guaranteed English finalist. Nice one. Though who I'll be rooting for remains to be seen. I have to confess to cheering on Manure when they won in 1999 (just don't tell anyone), though this year I really have no preference. On purely footballing terms it would be great to see a Chelski-Milan final, because they are the best 2 sides in Europe this year. PSV-Liverpool would be pretty depressing...

Us Gooners have to console ourselves with the FA Cup, and this weekend's semi-final. I'll force myself to have a Tuborg or three while we romp to our 17th final. Or maybe just cry into my pillow at what might have been this season...