a timely reminder

Posted by as | 4/10/2005 | , , | 1 comments »

Just as Arsene goes and tells Bob Pires that he'll only be offered a one year extension to his current contract (because he's OLD), who goes and grabs the winner for Arsenal against Middlesborough yesterday?

Mmm, I smell a summer of contract wrangling coming on, what with Bob, Dennis Bergkamp and the inevitable media circus contemplating whether Paddy Vieira will join Real Madrid or not. I say Dennis deserves another year, he's put in some decent performances, and, he is still class. Bob Pires has had better seasons, perhaps Arsene is beginning to doubt his legs? And as for Paddy, if I hear just one story about his possible move to Real, I will personally buy his plane ticket to Madrid.

Norwich shocked Manure 2-0 yesterday, which gives Arsenal a nice little cushion now. They'll need it, I reckon, what with games against Chelski, Spurs (*spit*) and Liverpool coming up. Should be an interesting end to the season. Spanish session tonight, with the Barcelona v Real Madrid game live on TV. I'll bet Paddy will be watching...

As it seems to be the season, perhaps I need to renegogiate my Corridor Inc. contract? A new computer, a window that opens and a mini-bar would be luverly, thanks. There is a rumour that we are heading for brand new offices, complete with working toilets and *gasp* windows that open, but I have my doubts, especially after seeing the first quarterly results of 2005. And still in contract mode, our hole has now been rented out to a nice couple from Gangsterville (a town in Israel renowned for its charming tenants), while we are heading out of Tel Aviv to Smallsville. Mugs, they are paying more for our 50m place than we are paying for a 160m pad...

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // 10:46 PM  

    Enjoyed a lot! »