feckin' satellite

Posted by as | 4/17/2005 | , | 3 comments »

So I didn't catch the game live after all. Once again I tried Leo's, but the promised screening, as declared by their website, failed to materialise because of technical problems (the satellite hadn't yet been launched). They're blowing their chances, one after one, of getting this gooner back...

In the end I ended up with M and Mrs. LBLS down by the Med, drinking a couple of Tuborgs and wiping our plates of humus clean with pita bread. M's response to my invite "Do you fancy coming down to the beach for a beer or two?" sums up the average Israeli perfectly. His response: "Isn't it too cold to sit on the beach?" came while the sun was in beating down mode at 24 degrees. Freezing mate, bloody freezing.

On returning home, I was feeling a little pessimistic but a quick check on the Internet soon put a smile on my face. A nice 3-0 win with two great goals from a bloodied Van Persie. I'm going to try and watch the repeat of the match some time today. Apparently the Sports channel over here couldn't show the game live so have shown a recording of it at least 4 times already. Of course, the other semi-final will be shown live. Feckers.

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // 8:48 AM  

    Wrong, it was shown live on 5+, they didn't advertise it because the powers that be didn't want people not to take the Premiership PPV.
    You sound like you been here long enough to know that there are several venues in Tel Aviv where you can watch the footi.
    Molly Blooms, just off Hayarakon, Mike's Place on the tayielet, and MASH at 275 Dizengof where a group of us Gooners watched the game together.
    Also there is an Israeli Arsenal Supporters club.
    If you want to know more info contact me on steven@btcint.co.il

  2. Anonymous // 7:57 PM  

    Hi
    I am a gooner from the UK, in Israel until Thursday. Gave up my ticket for the Sparta Prague game on Wednesday would love to watch the game here though. Anybody know where I can watch it live in Tel Aviv?

  3. Anonymous // 1:51 PM